[VIDEO + SYNTAX] LSI SAS/SATA Controller Flash into IT Mode for FreeNAS/ZFS
Below is the video tutorial on how to flash your LSI SAS Controller into IT mode for use by FreeNAS/ZFS! The video below assumes you’ve already made a bootable FreeDOS USB or ISO and have inserted the boot media into your server. If you’re not sure how to create the required ISO/USB bootable media skip past the video to see how to create the bootable media.
LSI SAS2FLSH Flash Firmware and BIOS Syntax
sas2flsh.exe -f 9201_16I.BIN -b mptsas2.rom
Creating the Bootable Media
- Download FDOEMCD, here.
- Download the latest (as of this writing) IT mode firmware, here. Look for the IT_FW_BIOS_for_MSDOS_Windows.zip firmware package to download.
- Extract FDOEMCD to its own separate directory.
- Copy the following files from the LSI firmware package to the CDROOT folder that was extracted from the FDOEMCD.zip file.
Note: the following firmware is based upon the model of SAS HBA controller you have. In my example, I am flashing a 9201-16i SAS/SATA HBA Controller.
9201-16i.bin – Under Firmware\HBA_9201_16i_IT directory
sas2flsh.exe – Under sas2flash_dos_rel directory
mptsas2.rom – Under sasbios_rel directory
- Run makeiso.bat from the root of FDOEMCD folder.
- Use the created file fdoem.iso to either remotely mount an ISO image or use Rufus to create a bootable USB.
Leave a Reply